Intralingo Inc. is a small company that has evolved organically over the years to offer so much more than just words. Precision and artistry is at the heart of everything we do:
- Our translations faithfully reflect your style and content.
- Our editing clarifies your message and expression.
- Our professional development services help you succeed, as a translator or a user of translation services.
- Our promotion efforts raise the visibility of books and their creators: authors, translators and editors.
We bring twenty years of experience, expertise and professional integrity to every project, and aim to exceed your expectations every time.
Let us be your voice, your advocate, your coach and your partner.
Do browse the site then get in touch for more information or a quote, or just to say hello.
We’d love to hear from you!
About Lisa Carter
I’m Lisa, a translator, writer, editor and industry leader.
I love what I do.
For twenty years, the written word has marked the rhythm of my life: both the measured pace of English and the fiery flair of Spanish.
This passion has translated into seven major book titles and a number of short stories. My work has won the Alicia Gordon Award for Word Artistry in Translation and been nominated for an International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award.
My company, Intralingo, embodies everything I believe in:
- Translation is the art of recreating, rewriting a text in another language.
- Editing elevates a text.
- Knowledge is meant to be shared.
- Giving demonstrates commitment and leadership.
Let me put all of this and more to work for you. Take a look around to learn more, then contact me here.
Do you need translations from or into Spanish or English? Editing in either language? Help navigating the complex world of international translation and publishing? Have a book to promote? Here’s what we can offer you:
- Services in two languages, all tailored to your specific needs.
- Credentials attesting to twenty years of professional experience.
- Coaching to guide you as a buyer of translation services or as you explore international publishing.
- Resources to help ensure your translation project succeeds.
- Email subscriptions, Atom/RSS feeds, Twitter, Google+ and Facebook to stay current with Intralingo offers.
- Virtual literary salons to present your latest publication.
Do you want to start and/or grow your career as a literary translator? Here’s how we can boost your professional development:
- Blog posts covering topics in translation, writing and publishing.
- A Word to the Wise newsletter, with exclusive articles, announcements and specials, available only to subscribers.
- Online courses on writing and literary translation.
- Coaching to help with various aspects of your career in literary translation.
- Answers to questions by email and via Readers Ask posts.
- An event calendar that includes upcoming conferences, workshops, panels and presentations.
- Your work highlighted in a guest post or Spotlight feature.
- A virtual literary salon to celebrate your latest publication.