Last week, I was thrilled to learn that Tia Bach, author of Depression Cookies, my fellow Blogathoner, writer and friend (I can call you that, can’t I, Tia?) bestowed the Versatile Blogger Award on me!
Tia has guest posted for me on two occasions (here and here), I’ve read her debut novel (which gave me a whole new appreciation for the mother-daughter relationship) and continually inspires me with her blogging versatility and dedication. I do hope you’ll race on over to Depression Cookies to see all that she has to offer.
The rules of accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs (contact them to let them know).
So, to start, thank you, Tia!
As for the sharing, gulp, here we go:
1. I detest winter. Having grown up in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada, north of the 60th parallel, I’ve experience enough winter to last me a lifetime. Cold. Snow. Dark. Yuk.
2. I once co-owned a bar called José Suave’s in the port town of Ilo, Peru. It was two years of hard work, intense friendships, late, late nights and far too much tequila. I’m not sure I’d ever do it again, but I also wouldn’t change that time for anything in the world.
3. I’m the youngest of six kids, with a nineteen-year gap between my eldest brother and I.
4. I’ve practiced Taoist Tai Chi for about four years, and it has enriched my life in so many ways: better health, a wonderful community and a sense of peace.
5. I really, truly, honestly want to learn to play the ukulele and sing, but am also a little bit afraid to try.
6. I’m obsessed with food. I adore it. Eating it. Cooking it. Writing about it. Sweet desserts. Savory dinners. New recipes. Old favorites. You name it. All of it. Mmm. Food.
7. I’ve lived in places almost all the way across Canada, from Yellowknife, to Victoria, to rural Alberta, to Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, as well as The Netherlands, Spain, Peru and Mexico. I do love an extended cultural experience.
Phew, that’s a lot about me!
Now on to you, bloggers I read and admire. You’ll note that I didn’t follow the rules so stringently on this point, for two reasons. One, I’ve already mentioned blogs I admire several times and I don’t want to repeat. (If you haven’t already, you can see my language, travel, food, writing and other recommendations.)
This time, I wanted to concentrate on “recently discovered” blogs, as per the rules. The following ten sites I only discovered this summer, but am so glad I did.
7. Kinna Reads
9. Want Words
10. Fear of Writing
Thanks again, Tia! And thanks to all the bloggers who inspire and encourage me on a daily basis, by sharing their knowledge and great writing.