The eight lessons in this course will cover the following:
1. What exactly is literary translation?
2. The current realities of literary translation
3. Opportunities in literary translation
4. What do the current realities and opportunities mean for you?
5. Crafting a professional literary CV
6. Tips to succeed as a literary translator
7. Your next steps in literary translation
8. Highly recommended reading
* List of post-secondary studies in literary translation
* List of professional literary translation associations
* Sources of publishing industry news
* List of highly recommended reading
By the end of this course, you will:
• Appreciate the breadth of what constitutes literary translation and what areas most interest you
• Understand the current realities and opportunities in literary translation, and what these might mean to you
• Recognize key elements to include in a literary CV and how to craft your own
• Develop an awareness of the skills and attitudes needed to succeed as a literary translator
• Become familiar with various ways to grow as a professional literary translator
Everyone who takes the First Steps in Literary Translation course will be entitled to a $50 coupon toward any other Intralingo course — making this one virtually free! Coupon code will be sent after registration.